Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Telephone, telefax, telegram or tell-a-sister-in-law

I got a phone call this morning from my sister-in-law...my wife's younger sister. She is interviewing for a few different jobs and had time to kill before she headed over to the next interview. Instead of driving all the way back to her place and since our place was close, she asked if she could stop by to chill before the next one. I said no problem...but then quickly realized that I had to cover up a few things that would lead to her suspicions that we were expecting a baby. Namely the prenatal vitamins on the kitchen counter and the home pregnancy test box with one remaining test on the fridge. Whenever she's stopped by before, she has gotten on the computer and I had to rearrange and hide our bookmark tabs at the top of our browser window - specifically this blog and BabyCenter.com.

She stopped by, showed me her honeymoon pictures (she just got married a little over a week ago and just got back from their honeymoon). She had wanted to borrow our computer to upload their pictures to facebook, but luckily her camera chip would not fit into our camera and our USB cord did not fit into her camera either...suspicions averted. As I browsed through her pictures I teasingly asked her when they were gonna start popping out kids, since that seems to be the question to newlyweds. She scoffed at this, and asked me the same in return. I made the same reaction as her. She said we'll need to start having kids before her. Soon enough, sis-in-law...soon enough.

We're supposed to go over to my in-laws to celebrate my wife's older sister and her brother's birthday this weekend. As mentioned before, it's near impossible to get through a family event without some sort of adult beverage. I wonder how that's gonna go...and how long it'll be before we can hold out or they notice that my wife isn't drinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment