Thursday, August 6, 2009

Reality Part II

My first bout of nausea happened today and it wasn't in the morning when I would have expected it. It was in the cafeteria at lunch. I purchased a small salad from the salad bar and went to the microwaves to warm up my lemon chicken leftovers from the night before. Perfectly delicious last night. When I finished my salad and opened up the container holding the warmed up leftovers I about died.

The smell was just awful. I'm sure it smelled exactly the same way it did last night, but it was absolutely repulsive today - to me anyway. In fact, I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth. I couldn't make a mad dash to the bathroom because I am trying to keep this whole thing on the DL for now. My co-workers were already looking at me funny because I snapped the lid back onto the container to block the toxic fumes from escaping. I am sure I was making horrible gagging faces while doing it. Smooth.

I didn't know what to do to get rid of the attention so I drank the entire bottle of water I had purchased with my salad in about 30 seconds and then excused myself to go to the bathroom. I had to pee. Again.

The lemon chicken with rice is still in my lunch bag. I hate to waste it, but I am not about to open it again. Perhaps my hubbie can eat it for dinner? Who knows. I'm glad I had my salad and rice krispie treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment