Tuesday, September 8, 2009

When hormones attack

In my last post, I described what a scatter brain I was today. The story got much worse from that post. I actually forgot to go to the bathroom because I was sidetracked by yet someone else who needed to know about something I was working on. That got me wondering what was going to happen in 7 months when I take maternity leave? During my wondering, I walked back to my cubicle, sat down and got back to work. 15 minutes later I realized I still had to go to the bathroom. Repeat that process.

This evening, Brian and I were watching a movie. Truman, our beloved bulldog, was laying in between us on the couch just as he always does. For some reason, I started thinking about Brian's cousins and how they had to give up their dog because their newborn son was so terribly allergic.

I burst into tears. Brian was trying to figure out what in the hell was wrong with me and I said, "I don't want to give up Truman!" He asked, "Why would we have to give up Truman?" I explained the logic to him, but it didn't seem to strike the same emotional chord with him as it did me.

For those of you who know me, can you name five instances in the years we have known each other where you have seen me cry? And you can't count watching the movies "Stepmom" or "Marley & Me," or "Steel Magnolias," because they just make me bawl every time.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry we traumatized you with our allergy tale of woe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not your fault! I'm just crazy. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 2 dogs and a cat. My husband and I are allergic to all of them. . .our daughter is not. Try not to worry too much! As I understand it, *usually* infants that are exposed to pet dander have LESS of a chance of developing allergies later in life, so your bean will prolly be juuuust fine!

    And PLEASE don't forget to go to the bathroom! You're pregnant - you might EXPLODE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever seen you cry. Hmmm...have I?

    ReplyDelete