Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I'm enamored!

Our second doctor's appointment was this afternoon at 3:45. I thought it was just going to be the normal checkup and to get Linda up-to-speed on some things, as mentioned before. I was hoping, however, that we'd be able to hear the heartbeat with a Doppler. I didn't bring a video tape with us... It was just a whim that I decided to bring our camera along with us.

They called Linda back, and since it was more of a woman's check up I opted to stay in the waiting room. I told Linda to have them come get me if they do a Doppler. Dr. Schieber called me from the waiting room about 30 minutes later and brought me back to the ultrasound room. Linda was in a gown. I asked if she was going to get an ultrasound. Dr. Schieber said that she had a hard time locating the heartbeat. That thought made my heart drop...fearing the worst... She went on to say that still at 10 weeks (we are at 10 weeks 3 days) it was a 50/50 shot of locating and hearing the heartbeat through just the Doppler. So to put all our fears to rest, she proceeded with an ultrasound.

Nugg is still doing excellent!!! Heartrate has increased to 173 beats/minute, compared to the 152 beats/minute a few weeks ago! Dr. Schieber poked around and we got to see Nugg move! Glad I brought our camera!! I forgot to ask how big Nugg is measuring, but I think the sonogram says 2.01 cm? I could be wrong on that though... Our next appointment is scheduled for October 9th... Keep on saying prayers that all continues to go well for us! See below!


4 comments:

  1. That is amazing to see Nugg move that much!!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all jumped a bit in the ultrasound room when it happened! Funny thing now that I watch the movie again, McNugget doesn't really look like a McNugget anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just clicked on yoru link from the BC, what a neat idea! Congrats on your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I burst into tears when McNugget moved! You guys are a BLAST to follow! (And I'm due the day after you, so it makes it even more fun.) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete