Monday, September 14, 2009

Here we are...

Linda & I had a good low-key weekend for the most part. Linda felt kinda "yuck" yesterday, but Saturday was fun! Her college friend, Nicole, drove in from St. Louis to stay with us on Saturday night. Linda loves Mexican food and I'm sure she'll proclaim that Nugg loves Mexican too, so we took Nicole to lunch at Manny's (one of the BEST Mexican restaurants in Kansas City), then went bowling at Lucky Strike in the Power & Light District... And just chilled. We haven't been bowling in years - and surprisingly I bowled one of my best games, at least that I can remember! Needless to say, me being the worrier that I am...I was concerned about Linda and Nugg as she was lugging around a 14 lb. bowling ball, cranking her arm back and hurling it down a lane. Linda's tailbone pain is still predominant and she was a bit stiff, but I'm sure all is okay.

One of the topics of conversation over lunch was names. Nicole and another Linda's other friends from college, Jen "Arnie", tried to help us come up with names. Nicole and Arnie both like the names I suggested...the ones that Linda didn't care for... So they are thinking of more suggestions and help me persuade Linda into my suggestions.

Yesterday marked our 11th week of pregnancy! We are sooo close to finishing the 1st trimester...it's hard to believe that Nugg will be here in roughly 6 months!! This week Nugg is about the size of a fig. When I told Linda this, we realized that neither of us had an idea what size a fig is...so another website compared the baby to the size of a lime. Basically, Nugg is about 1 ½ inches long. The baby is almost fully formed. The hands will soon open and close into fists. Tiny tooth buds are beginning to form under the gumline. Some bones are also starting to harden, going from cartilage to hard bone. I remember reading somewhere that the clavicle (collar bone) and femur (thigh bone) are the first bones to harden. Nugg is already busy kicking and stretching. These movements will become more frequent as the body grows and becomes more functional and developed. Linda won't feel these acrobatic movements though for another month or two. She also won't notice the hiccuping that may be happening now that Nugg's diaphragm has formed, but that will also soon change!

No comments:

Post a Comment