Sunday, April 4, 2010

Today's the Day...

...that we've been counting down to since August 3, 2009. Today is the day that we've been telling everyone is our due date...but we have no baby (yet) to prove it. I know it's all estimated, but I really thought Evan would be here by now. I thought that magically he would be here by today. But nope, he's not. Frustration. And that's me being frustrated. I can't begin to understand the frustration Linda feels. We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. Hopefully they have some good news for us... Fingers crossed.

Yesterday, we celebrated Easter early with the two sides of my family... My dad and his fiancé hosted their Easter dinner... When my dad invited us, he told us he completely understood if Linda wanted to stay home and not get out and about. But Linda really had her heart set on eating some Easter ham...so we ventured over to my future-step-mom's (and future grandma to Evan). Her family is quite large, with lots of kids (her grandkids)...so they hosted an Easter egg hunt throughout her house, backyard and front yard. It was fun...and something I'm looking forward to for Evan to participate in.

After dad & Shirley's, we headed over to my biological family's Easter at my aunt Ginger's house. Another aunt and uncle of mine, Deb & Ed, and my cousins, Ben & Susie and their kids Max and Frank had come up from Oklahoma for an Easter weekend. It was great to see them all...and I hadn't seen Ben, Susie, Max and Frank since last Easter! It was fun...had a Mexican Lasagna for dinner! (Very good by the way!) The family tradition of dyeing and decorating Easter eggs took place too...and yet another tradition I'm excited for Evan to experience. Evan's future aunts, Shannon & Whitney are very creative. Instead of just dyeing eggs the standard pastel colors like I did when I was a kid...they go crazy and get all creative with decorating the eggs. I can't wait for Evan to do this with them!

These two families are eagerly awaiting Evan's impending arrival...and I've promised to call both sides, plus Linda's side, no matter what time of the day or night when Evan finally decides to grace us with his presence... Evan is already loved so much by these three families...why doesn't he wanna come out yet?!?


Now that we've hit the 40th week...Evan should weigh about 7½ lbs., which would be about the same as a small pumpkin, and would be about 20 inches in length. Evan's fingernails, toenails and hair all continue to keep growing...and even his lungs still continue to mature. Any day now would be nice. It's funny, pretty much all the pregnancy websites I get these informative bits of facts from have stopped giving me them. In fact, they've rolled over to the "newborn" phase, since Evan should be here now!

No comments:

Post a Comment