Monday, April 5, 2010

T plus one day

The countdown is over. Our due date has come and gone and still nothing. Nada. No baby. No signs that he is going to be making an appearance any time soon. Nothing.

I took Truman down to the Plaza yesterday afternoon to walk around. My contractions started and were enough to freeze me in my tracks. So, I thought it best to head on home and start watching the clock. I get home and they stop.

We have a doctor's appointment later today. I'm sure she is going to tell us that nothing has changed. AND, since we didn't schedule the induction last week when we were there (she said she might schedule it for this Wednesday, the 7th), we are probably going to have to wait an entire week longer.

Meanwhile, this child is not getting any smaller. The longer we wait, the harder this is going to be. My nephew who was born about 3 weeks ago, weighed in at 8 pounds week. He weighed 8 pounds on his original due date. They say babies can put on a half to a full pound every week at this point. This is not going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment