Monday, April 19, 2010

Did I brush my teeth today?

We are finally settling into a bit of routine with Evan. Establishing this routine has taken a lot of work and patience. Every waking moment has been centered around establishing an eating, awake and sleep cycle for Evan. While he is sleeping, we are taking naps, showering and doing basic household chores. Sometimes I forget to go to the bathroom until I realize I need to go RIGHT NOW!

The other day, we realized we needed to run up to Target for a few things. On our way there, I realized I had not brushed my teeth that morning. I said out loud to Brian, "I don't think I brushed my teeth today." He thought for a second and said, "Yeah, I think I forgot, too."

We've been so focused on Evan and making sure he is eating, sleeping, getting his diaper changed, read to, tummy time, etc., that we forget to do basic things for ourselves, like shower and brush our teeth. But, we are getting better. Both Brian and I were able to shower today. Usually, its one or the other so we are going in the right direction.

Speaking of right direction, we took Evan to the doctor on Saturday. His eyes were all crusted over and it seemed like he had the beginning stages of a little cough. The cough was normal and nothing to worry about. The eyes appeared to be a blocked tear duct and we were given antibiotic eye drops. But, when we got to the doctor's office, they weighed Evan. He's back up to 9 pounds, 2 ounces! He's gaining weight!

Yesterday, his umbilical cord fell off. Our baby boy is getting bigger and bigger! Yesterday was also our first restaurant outing with Evan. He slept the entire time! Awesome. If we go in between feedings, we shouldn't have any problems for a little while.

We are almost through our first two weeks together. Time flies. I think, for the most part, both Brian and I are getting some pretty good sleep and nap opportunities. We've been ALOT more diligent about keeping the house clean, but we've also managed to have a "lazy day" with Evan, too. The steady flow of visitors has slowed. This also helps get us more into a routine.

I also had a funny moment. I realized that the only summer clothes I had were a single pair of khaki capris, a polo shirt (with a company logo on it) and about seven business suits. Since I won't be needing my business suits until June, I figured I should probably get some clothes I can hang out in. We took care of this the other day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment