Wednesday, April 7, 2010

This is it!

Thought I'd update one last time before Evan gets here! It's about 6:35am on April 7th. Linda got checked into the hospital last night to prep for induction today. She had to have Cervidil administered twice last night...and the Pitocin drip was started early this morning. So Evan should be here sometime today!

Last night was a rat race for me. I was scheduled to work til 8:00pm last night, but was trying to leave early. Working for an airline, things can happen at the drop of a hat...and my job relies on Mother Natures temperament. And she was being a nasty bitch yesterday. In my 12 years of working for an airline, I can say that whenever a thunderstorm hits, for some reason it truly form right over the airport, or the storm front makes a beeline right to the airport...therefore making my job a nightmare and reeks havoc on on-time departure and arrivals. I love thunderstorms...just not when I'm at work. We probably got the worst thunderstorm so far for the season last night... At the airport, it looked like we were going through a car wash. I thought for sure there was no way I was gonna get outta there. I had wanted to get to the hospital and be with Linda and help her get settled. (Believe it or not, in all her 30+ years of life, she's never once stayed overnight in a hospital.) We had planes that were diverting to Tulsa and Omaha because they couldn't land in Kansas City. A few flights cancelled because of the weather...one of my flights to Dallas did and I had to rebook 80 passengers to Dallas. All day yesterday, several of my coworkers asked what the hell I was still doing at work. My boss finally got the schedule and staffing rearranged to let me go...and I got to leave work about 45 minutes early last night!

Our doctor recommended that I try and get some rest too and told me to go back home tonight and sleep in my own bed...plus our condo is only about 5 blocks from the hospital. I tried to get some rest...but with no luck. Even though our house isn't that big...we have a California King size bed...but it was just empty here. Probably also because our dog, Truman wasn't here either. Since I was gonna be gone all day today...Truman would have been here all by himself... So Linda's sister, Noreen, is our designated dog sitter...and she has temporary custody of him til Thursday.

It doesn't look like Linda got much rest either... She updated her facebook about 5:00 this morning with, "(Linda) understands why my friend April called this "the room of suffering." The medicine to help me sleep doesn't work. There is a woman down the hall that decided pain meds weren't for her, and I just had to pee in a bed pan with terrible results. In two hours they start the pitocin." I'm gonna hit Panera this morning and sneak in some bagels for her to grab a bit to eat...

Stay tuned... We're gonna have a baby sometime today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment