Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pins & Needles

Over the past few weeks, I've gotten phone calls, texts, emails and Facebook wall postings from friends and family patiently waiting any news on Evan's arrival. Not only are Linda and I...and the rest of our families...eagerly waiting for him, but the entire realm of our Facebooks are too! Funny what social media has done to communications and spreading news like this. One of Linda's friends from when she lived in Washington D.C. requested me as a friend on Facebook yesterday...(I don't believe I've met her before?)...because she wanted another outlet for baby updates. But any friend of Linda's, is a friend of mine!

These messages all started when one set of Evan's grandparents had to leave town unexpectedly a few weeks ago when Linda was about 37 weeks along. Tim sent an email asking me to pass along to Linda that they were on pins and needles for Evan...and if at all possible to make sure he stayed put until they got back into town a few days later. I was almost certain though that Evan would have come then. But nope.

My dad has called and kept tabs on us. He usually turns his cell phone off by 8:00 or 9:00 at night, but told me that he leaves it on 24/7 now.

On my Facebook wall, several friends have posted "baby checks" in anticipation. One friend wrote the other day; "No posts from Brian or Linda in more than 7hrs...do we have news?" I hate to disappoint. Another former coworker of mine wrote yesterday, "Okay...I'm not even super close to you guys and I'm obsessed with when your baby is going to get here! COME ON!!". It really is heartwarming that so many care! And the big thunderstorm that came through yesterday didn't amount to much and the sun came out later yesterday afternoon. The barometric pressure change didn't affect Linda or Evan at all in the slightest.

Tomorrow's Easter...but also the due date. Will the Easter bunny coax Evan out? We'll see... Linda is getting desperate now...she's beginning to think castor oil is her only way out! I warned her though; castor oil creates a very messy and gross delivery room...if you catch my drift.

No comments:

Post a Comment