Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dad-In-Training

It's hard for me to fathom that Evan will be here in a matter of weeks, if not sooner. It just doesn't seem possible. I know to Linda, this pregnancy has felt like it's been 9 years long as opposed to the 9 months, but really it's gone by fast to me. We were talking the other night about when she took the pregnancy test...and my reaction. I guess I blocked it out - but she said when I came in from letting Truman out and she met me in the kitchen, telling me she needed to show me something (all of which I remember)... Instead of the "Oh Shit!" exclamation that I thought was my first gut reaction, she said I literally jumped back, grabbed her arm and breathily screamed,"Noooo!", as if someone had jumped out at me and yelled "Boo!" (that part I don't remember). Funny what you do and don't remember. It seems like yesterday, yet it seems like eons ago.

Yesterday, I decided it was time to clean out the interior of my car and get the car seat base installed. I hate to admit, I haven't been the best housekeeper in there. It was rather disgusting, actually. I found stuff in there from my drive back from Las Vegas in September 2007! But, as I said before, and as the Johnson & Johnson commercials have said, "A baby changes everything". I guess that means a cleaner car, house or lifestyle...just a healthier lifestyle in general. I'm happy to say that installing the car seat base was a lot easier than I expected. I just need to take it up to the fire department to make sure I did everything right and it's in there good.

Last night, I met Linda at her office and we went over to Babies R Us to grab somethings we felt we would need if Evan was to make his appearance, using some of the gift cards and money we got at the baby shower... Plus it helped that Babies R Us was having a storewide sale which included Graco items, so we picked up the stroller we were wanting...that matched our car seat. We also picked up another Boppy slipcover, changing pad covers, a Snuzzler - the head and body support for the car seat, his coming home outfit (which I will keep a surprise), and for shits and grins a plush toy frog... I'm happy to say we got outta there spending less that I thought we were! The cash, gift card and sale helped...and the 20% off coupon too! This weekend, we are gonna get the Diaper Genie and bottles and other necessities with the Target gift cards we have. Guess we are gonna have to become bargain shoppers from here on out. When we got home, I was able to get the stroller put together pretty easily... I'm kinda proud of myself...I'm getting handier and handier by the minute. After all, I replaced our kitchen faucet... I'll be ready to assemble Evan's first bicycle in no time! On a side note, Truman is afraid of the stroller... As I was putting it together, each piece I took out to assemble it, I had to let him sniff it. He was very apprehensive about the whole process. He's afraid of everything. Some guard dog he'll make. But we didn't get him for his protectiveness. Even though he looks tough, he's a scaredy-cat!

1 comment:

  1. hey guys! we have that same stroller and LOVE it. can't wait to hear the good news!

    ReplyDelete