Thursday, March 4, 2010

Holy crap! We're on the last baby now!

The little baby meter at the top has turned over to the last one! But it still says 31 days left. Time has both dragged on and flown by. This week, for instance, has been the longest of my life it seems.

You know when you are about to leave on a long vacation that you have been looking forward to for months and you just can't concentrate on anything at work? That's how I am now. I really don't want to do anything. Every task takes a pep talk to complete. I know that this is definitely no vacation, I really just don't want to work anymore. I want to sit on the couch with Truman and eat Mexican food and wait for the baby to join us.

I find myself getting very anxious and starting to have more questions than answers. I know the answers will come, so I just need to make sure I don't overwhelm myself or Brian or anyone else around me with them. But simple things like, how do you know if the bath water is too hot or too cold?


Brian's co-workers, and I'm sure to some extent mine too, have started the over/under on when Evan will be born. A popular theory is March 30, the date of the next full moon. Who knows. We have March Madness coming up. Maybe the excitement of the Big 12 Tourney and NCAAs could help get things going? Allergy season is also here, and ya'll know the crazy sneezing fits I have. Will that get things going? Who knows?

I'll give it another week, but I'm going to start going for long walks and getting the super spicy salsa on my burritos to see if we can get things moving along right around 37 weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment