Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Fake-Out...Perhaps?

Dammit. I think Evan just gave us the realest fake-out yet! (Is realest a word?)

Last night when Linda got home from work, she was craving chili cheese fries from Fred P. Otts. Since I really didn't have anything planned for dinner, nor did I feel like cooking anything...I didn't refuse...even though all Fred P. Otts serves is greasy bar food. On the way there, Linda told me that she had been having more contractions all day...and they really seemed different from the others she had had before. I began to think that maybe the full moon theory really was working!

After her chili cheese fry fix and my greasy blackened burger...we decided to grab some dessert at the Cheesecake Factory next door. Plus someone wrote on Linda's facebook wall that cheesecake might induce labor. Worth a shot, right? And hell, it's cheesecake...not castor oil. We then went for a walk around a block of the Plaza before Linda felt too tired to go any further. All during this time, Linda noticed stronger and more frequent contractions...

We got home. The contractions seemed to be coming in regular intervals...and the intensity seemed to be picking up. Linda went to lay down and we started keeping an eye on the clock. At first they were about 12 minutes apart...this was at about 10:30pm. I came to bed at about midnight and Linda was still awake... By this point the contractions seemed to be about 10 minutes apart. Linda and I were able to catch some sleep.

She then woke up at about 3:00am, and just was not comfortable... In her tossing and turning and general uncomfortableness...that woke me up with concerns about her, and waiting for the word that we needed to go to the hospital. The contractions were at this point about 8 minutes apart. I began thinking that maybe this was really it! Linda decided to get up and draw a warm bath, hoping that would help soothe the back pain. She then came back to bed and fell asleep. We slept til about 8:00am. She's had contractions since, but they aren't as intense.

She has taken the day off work to monitor... She said she feels like she's been hit by a Mac truck though. She has another scheduled doctors appointment later this afternoon... She's gonna call and see if she can be fit in earlier...to see if she's progressed further into active labor. This will be the only doctors appointment I miss because I have to work this afternoon. It really bums me out that I can't make it to this one. Hopefully they'll have good news for us. But as it sits right now...the contractions have subsided and it appears no baby...yet. Grrrrrr...

Keep your fingers crossed! We want Evan here now!!!! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment