Monday, October 5, 2009

Light at the end of the tunnel

So I haven't written much lately because I felt HORRIBLE. I was always fine in the morning, but by mid-afternoon my day would always start to take a downhill turn. I'm entering my 14th week, which means we made it through the first trimester! I'm hoping this is the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel everyone has been telling me about.

"Oh, once you hit your second trimester, you get your energy back, you aren't sick anymore, its great," said many people who've been there and done that. It hasn't kicked in yet for me.

The last two weeks more dinners came back up than stayed down. Since, my doctor recommended I take my vitamins at night because of the whole iron thing, I discovered this was the straw that would break the camel's back every evening.

I always feel sick in the evening, but when I take those stinkin vitamins at night, they always pushed me over the edge and I would end up spending some quality time with the toilet. I've now switched vitamins.

My sister-in-law had similar struggles with the vitamins when she was pregnant and her doctor recommended taking Flinstones vitamins. When you compare the labels, all the essentials are in there at the same percent daily values. I still take the additional folic acid supplement. No puking.

In fact, no puking since Friday! Granted, I still feel sick on some nights, but I can handle snuggling up on the couch with Truman at night. It's barfing that really sucks. And, I get the whole added anticipation of which Flintstone's character will it be? For today, it was the Martian dude. Here's hoping Tuesday brings Bam Bam.

1 comment:

  1. I'm due about 4 days after you, and while this time I'm not affected by my prenatals (I take target brand, recommended by OB because they're coated and smaller), the prescribed ones did a number on me the first time around. I try to take them when I can, and try not to put any added stress on myself when I don't, because I think thats worse than not taking them!
    I have been feeling pretty horrid (worst out of 3 pregnancies) and last night had some tea with lemon and felt great. Part of my problem is that I get really big bubbles in my stomach and I can't burp them out. The tea REALLY helped! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete