Thursday, October 15, 2009

Then and Now

A lot has changed in the last 3-4 months. Here's a run down of some observations.

1. My belly sticks out about as far or a little further than it did before (I admit, I had a few -ok 30 - pounds I could stand to lose). The difference is now I can't suck it in.

2. Loved sweets - hence the 30 pounds I could stand to lose - then. A pint of Ben & Jerry's lasted no more than 24 hours in our house. Now, I've been nursing the same pint for two weeks. I don't even take it into the living room. I open it, have two teaspoons and put it back. A lot of sweets - even cookies - makes me feel like I am going to throw up. Freshly chopped pineapple is my new favorite snack.

3. Then, I only required 4-6 hours of sleep to be able to function, but preferred a minimum of 8. Now, I need about 10 hours of sleep to function, but prefer 12.

4. Then, I looked forward to happy hour nights with girlfriends and dinners at new restaurants with Brian. Now, I get excited about bowel movements that I don't have to "strain for." Sorry, I'm sure that is TMI for some of you, but for other moms or moms-to-be that read this blog, you know what I'm talking about.

5. Then, blouses that I wore to work were tucked into my suit pants. Now, it is impossible to tuck in maternity clothes and I can only dream of the days when I could wear a suit. Now, its khakis, a white shirt and a sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment