Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My own little muse

So, I woke up this morning before my alarm went off and was laying in bed thinking about how I needed to post something on this blog. It had been while. I couldn't think of anything. And then all of a sudden I felt the faintest little tap tap tap on my stomache just above my belly button!

Was that McNugget? All the pregnancy week-by-week postings say that it is possible to start feeling the baby move around at this stage, but we might not know what it is at first or think it is gas. I am quite confident that it was not gas. I've had enough of that lately to be certain what that feels like.

I was caught of guard when I felt it, I tried to lay very still and see if it happened again, but then my stupid alarm went off and I had to move to turn it off before it woke up Brian. Which, in retrospect was kind of stupid because I woke him up anyway to tell him I felt McNugget be-boppin around!

It made me think of our last ultrasound when it seemed Nugg was doing laps up and down and all around and I thought it was so weird to see our baby moving around and not be able to feel it. We weren't scheduled to get an ultrasound that day, but because Nugg was moving around so much, the doctor couldn't pick up the heartbeat on Doppler so she did an ultrasound just to be sure everything was cool. Nugg is a bouncy little baby!

So this was an exciting milestone and it totally solved the problem of "What on Earth am I going to write about today?"

Fun little coincidence that may only amuse me: My Flintstone vitamin character today was Bam Bam!

1 comment:

  1. I felt my baby Sunday! I "thought" I felt it friday, but wasn't sure, then I got to witness my neices birth sunday and right after she was born I felt ba-boom! I had a full bladder, so that helped! I KNEW it wasn't gas! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete