Monday, February 1, 2010

What is that?

Nugget's movement in my stomach is a great source of entertainment, amusement and crazy curiousity right now. I keep pressing and feeling different areas trying to figure out what it is that I feel.

It's like pushing on play dough blind-folded and occassionally coming up with a doll part that somehow got mixed in. People are always telling stories about how a foot would go up into their ribs, or how they feel the baby's head when it turned, etc. I can't tell what anything is.

I feel something solid, I feel other things that are very small and very hard. These things tend to move when I feel them. Is it a foot? Is it a hand? I don't know. Primarily because I feel a strong kick on my right side at the same time I feel a kick or something on my left side. I'm pretty confident he's not doing the splits!

When we were in the hospital over the weekend getting checked out, the nurse said, "Oh, here is the back and the head and here is the butt." How do you know that? She wasn't using an ultrasound. Like Brian, I wish we could have another one so I can see how he's positioned and then know what I am feeling.

He is really starting to get streaks of activity that not only can Brian feel, but he can see. It's weird looking down at a lop-sided stomach. Then you see it roll back over to the other side, followed by quick jabs or kicks. One of these days, we'll get the new video camera out and film it while it is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment