Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Glad I could make your day

You want to know what really tees me off? When I'm walking down the hall and someone who was otherwise checking their Smart Phone for messages, or having a conversation with someone else, stops what they are doing so they can stare at me and smile.

Really? Am I that much of a side show? There's a dude that works on the same floor as me that is about 7 feet tall and has a belly that sticks out WAAAY farther than mine currently does. Remember crab soccer in elementary school? He has the crab soccer ball. I have a basketball. Do you sit and stare and smile at him? Probably not. Just saying.

One lady, who was with another random lady, LAUGHED as I passed and said to her colleague, "She's gotta be miserable." Glad I could make your day.

For the record, I am not miserable. I am very happy that Evan is almost here and, so far, I've had no complications. Before too long Brian and I are going to have a very bouncy baby boy and that is something to be very happy about.

I am uncomfortable and that makes it hard to sleep through the night. Not sleeping through the night makes me tired. Being tired makes me grumpy. So, for the time being, could you please hide your complete and total pleasure and entertainment with my discomfort? Wait until I am out of ear shot to say, "She doesn't have much longer," or "Oh, wow!" (complete with mouths gaped open) like you've never seen a pregnant woman before. Don't stand and watch me as I waddle down the long hallway to the elevator or bathroom. Don't look at me and say, "not too much longer now," because you don't know what the $#%! you are talking about about. I have a WHOLE STINKING MONTH LEFT!

Hope that clears everything up for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment