Friday, November 6, 2009

When Hormones Attack: Part II

I'm writing this post part embarrassed and part giddy because men in white uniforms haven't shown up to drag me to the loony bin yet.

Last night, I'm sure Brian thought I completely lost my mind. Let's paint the picture ...

On Brian's days off, a typical evening involves eating dinner and then sitting on the couch together with Truman. Only Truman wouldn't sit still. He was up, he was down. He would chew his bone, he would go bark at some noise, but mostly he was PACING. Non stop all night.

Finally, Brian pulled Truman up on his lap and the dog just went to sleep. That's what he wanted, to sit on "daddy's lap." About an hour past and I started teasing Brian about his snuggling with Truman and we were both having a pretty good laugh.

Then, inexplicably, I start to cry. Not just cry. I was bawling my eyes, inconsolable SOBBING.

Why? Because Brian was snuggling with the dog instead of me. For 5 hours we sat on our own side of the couch without issue, so why it was all of a sudden, I don't know. Like I said, I'm just grateful he hasn't had me committed yet.

And in case you missed it, you can read the first ATTACK OF THE HORMONES

No comments:

Post a Comment