Monday, October 11, 2010

Prunes = Yuck

I don't get grossed out too often...in fact, I think I've got a pretty strong stomach. This morning, though I proved myself wrong. Yesterday, Evan stayed with his Aunt Steph for part of the afternoon while my sister Becky, Linda and I did some yard work around my dad's house. Steph gave Evan prunes last night. I've run the gamut with introducing Evan to all the Gerber 1st foods, except the prunes. I did buy some, but hadn't tested him out on them yet...was kinda saving them for when he needed it. Steph told Linda that he seemed to like the prunes. When Linda told me what he ate with Steph last night, a bit of worry set in...

This morning, when I got him up, I changed his diaper and all was good. I thought, maybe, by chance, he somehow was immune to the age-old constipation remedy. However, not more than 45 minutes later, Evan & I were playing in his bedroom when I smelled something funky. I picked him up, and felt a wet squishy mess on his diaper. Major. Diaper. Malfunction. It had leaked through his diaper and onto his PJs. I stripped off his PJs, and opened his diaper. I think I actually threw up in my mouth a little bit. It took two diapers and countless amount of baby wipes to clean up that mess.

I text Linda afterwards and told her that for future reference...lets save the prunes for when he's really constipated. In all of Evan's 6 months in existence, I have never encountered a diaper that bad. And I've change too many diapers to count...this, by far, takes the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment