Wednesday, January 27, 2010

More Shenanigans

I've found harassing people in the elevator to be a new favorite activity. This morning, a man joined me on the elevator and he was carrying a box of LaMar's donuts. This is another Kansas City institution. Krispy Kreme sucks. LaMar's donuts are awesome.

There were about five other people on the elevator. I looked at the box and looked at him. Meanwhile, he looked at me looking at his box of donuts and then looked at my protruding stomach.

I asked him, "You wouldn't by chance have a cake donut with chocolate icing and coconut shavings on it, would you?"

He looked at me and said, "Uh, I don't know. I just asked for a store variety."

I said, "That's okay. I'll just follow you and check it out."

He really thought I was going to follow him when he got off the elevator at the 6th floor. When he exited, I told him, "I'm going to go put my coat up and will come back down."

I didn't.

Earlier in the year, when I was leaving the cafeteria after lunch, I saw a guy carrying 5 boxes of grocery store bakery cookies. He was heading to the elevator, so I said, "Why don't you let me help you with that."

He said, "Actually, I'm just taking all of these back to my desk so other people will eat them. Why don't you take a box." He then proceeded to hand me the box of sugar cookies. I said, "Thank you, but I'd much rather have the cheesecake brownies."

He handed them over without argument.

For the record. I would have NEVER done that pre-pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment