Monday, January 4, 2010

Are we there yet?

We found out we were pregnant on Aug. 3. Since then, my stomach has popped out, our guest bed room has been eliminated for a baby room, I have assembled and now sleep on "the pillow fort" each night and Truman now "loves me more" than Brian. And that's just the highlights.

The last five months have flown by in a blur. But now it seems that it is moving fast and slow all at once. My body aches. My hips hurt so bad in the morning I waddle around like a penguin until they loosen up a bit. The need to reach under my desk to unplug the network cable cord is not working out so well for me. I've requested a spare from IT to take to meetings. Bending over is hard to do. You should see the production and effort it takes to put on socks. I have to hold my breath. I can't wait for sandal season to begin. Putting pants on in the morning is starting to become dangerous and I think I am going to have to start sitting down to get that process started. Weevels wobble and this one will definitely fall down.

One of the symptoms I was actually looking forward to has not yet happened. All my preggo friends or friends with kids talked about how they were hot all of the time when they were pregnant and how lucky I am to be pregnant during the winter time because its like to forces balancing each other out. I am actually freezing most of the time. I wear giant sweatpants and sweatshirts around the house and to bed. This is one reason why we haven't had an updated belly shot in awhile. I'm usually not wearing a top that will properly show my roundness. I have the spaceheater going in the living room and sit right in front of it, sitting on a heating pad, wrapped in a blanket with a 60+ pound dog lying on top of me. And I'm still cold.

If I sit for an extended period of time, I have to get up slowly. Not because I'll pass out from standing up too quickly, but because my lower abdomen won't stretch out as quickly as I can stand up and it reminds me of that frequently. Bend over and touch your toes or reach as far as you possibly can. That stretching in your hammy is what I feel just below my belly button when going from a sitting position to a standing position.

Hot fudge sundaes. Until yesterday, I haven't really had a real strong craving for anything in particular. On Sunday, I NEEDED a hot fudge sundae. It did not matter that we just got another two inches on top of the 14 inches of snow that fell over Christmas and New Year's. I was not going to be denied. Yes, we have ice cream in the freezer, but we don't have hot fudge. I required hot fudge. So, Brian conceded and we went out for ice cream on a day where the high temperature was about 16, which will be the warmest day of the week.

Ok. Sorry for the gripe session. I know I'm only going to get bigger. I know I'm only going to get more uncomfortable. It's hard to believe we still have three months left and its hard to believe we only have three months left. Right now, I'm ready for the next phase. Tomorrow, I'll freak out.

1 comment:

  1. I completely feel EVERY one of your complaints. Someone asked me this weekend,"when are you due" and I said "NEVER" because that's how it feel right now! Second trimester is over and third is here, so keep your spirits up, baby boys will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete