Monday, December 21, 2009

Progress

I am ready to proclaim that we have finished most of the "heavy lifting" for Nugget's room. Last week, Brian got the window trim taken care of and on Saturday we moved forward with moving out the old and bringing in the new.

Among the highlights:

I got to use shrink wrap again for the first time since 2001 when I was on a marketing tour. I picked some up at Home Depot so we could wrap up the mattresses and put them in our basement storage unit.

Finding a place (mostly in storage) for just about everything in that room that Brian wouldn't let me throw away. We even found a new home for the scary grandma picture - in the hall closet. (NOTE TO BRIAN: When you get home, would you mind posting a picture of the scary grandma picture so our readers can see what I am talking about?)

Having a reason to take scary grandma picture down.

Painting. All day we painted and were a pretty good team. I rolled while Brian did trim. We shut the door to the room and opened the windows. It was a little chilly, but fortunately, it was in the 40s, so not too bad.

Hung the first ever curtain rod that Brian and I have had as a married couple. In fact, this was the first curtain rod (and curtains) I have ever purchased. I'm quite pleased with the results.

Finally put together Nugg's crib.

Brought Ruff Ruff (the stuffed dog pictured to the right) home. Brian won Ruff Ruff at the Las Vegas Circus Circus when we went there over my 21st birthday. Ruff Ruff had been living at my parents' house, but Mom was happy to send him home.

All that we have to do now (and by "we" I mean Brian) is finish stripping and staining the dresser.

The Aftermath
I should note that while I am very happy we made so much progress on Saturday, it did come at a price. After we finished putting the crib together, we had a birthday party to go to down the street. Everyone was bringing a dish and then going out to the piano bar in Westport.

When we got to our friend's place and sat down to eat and visit, my back stiffened up. I thought I was going to need a walker. I couldn't stand up without assistance. When I did stand up, I couldn't fully straighten out. So, when it came time to go to the piano bar, we dropped off our friends and headed to Walgreens. Instead of night on the town, I spent the night with a heating pad. Brian had one of those collar things that you warm up in the microwave and put on the back of your neck.

We are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment