Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The belly button watch

One thing that has always fascinated/horrified me about pregnancy was the whole belly button popping out thing. I don't know why, but it is one of those things that I just obsess over.

Anyway, the pregnancy Web sites say this can happen any day now. I'm on watch and I recently noticed that my belly button is much shallower than it use to be. It's going to happen and I find myself wondering if I will just wake up one day with an inside-out belly button or if it will continue to be a gradual process? What can I wear that covers up the outtie that was previously an innie? Do people notice you have a belly button sticking out through your clothes? I can't wear sweatshirts to work. I gotta have on a sweater or top.

These are the questions that swirl in my head.

2 comments:

  1. Mine has never popped, but I'm slightly overweight, so I have some padding. I have a friend on #3 also and she has ALREADY popped and she's due April 22!
    Mines just gets all weird and flat. Feels weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine never popped either, so I'm assuming it won't this time. It does get super flat though. lol

    ReplyDelete