Monday, December 7, 2009

I'm gonna live!

Just got back from my follow up appointment from last week - and all is well! I can't help but worry constantly about every little thing...every ache and pain floods my mind with the worst. But looks like I'm okay... My doctor said that my glucose and "bad cholesterol" (LDL cholesterol) were a bit high, but nothing that is alarming to her. She did say that my "good cholesterol" (HDL cholesterol) is "phenomenal" for my age and gender...not sure what that meant. She suggested that my anxiety and ill feelings could just be the nicotine withdrawal after all...just my body's way of adjusting to life without it. She said that it's normal for a first time parent-to-be to have some of these feelings and to want to make sure they're healthy for their children. So more walks with Truman and less Ben & Jerry's ice cream...and that should do it...hopefully. So Nugg will have me around to watch him grow up!

This week is the 23rd week of pregnancy for Linda. Nugg is about 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound, which would be about the size of a large mango. His sense of movement has developed so much that he can probably feel Linda move now, and soon we might be able to see him squirm around in her belly. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare him for breathing. Sounds that his ears are picking up are also preparing him for life outside the womb... Nugg should be getting used to loud noises now, so when Truman barks or drops his bone on our hardwood floors, those noises shouldn't faze him. Linda might soon be getting to the point where she can feel Nugg's hiccups.

No comments:

Post a Comment