Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Zoo!

Last Thursday, one of Linda's old college friend and sorority sister, Nicole, came to KC with her 2 year old daughter, Sophie, and stayed with us for a few days. We joke that Sophie is Evan's future bride! Anyway, it was a great couple days and was good to catch up with Nicole... Yesterday morning, we decided something kid-friendly would be a trip to the Kansas City Zoo. I think I was more excited for this than Sophie... I hadn't been to our zoo here since right after Linda graduated high school...way back in the mid 1990s! And it had been since I lived in Omaha, back in 1999, that I had gone to any zoo. The Kansas City Zoo opened up a new Polar Bear exhibit, which was pretty cool. The zoo wasn't crowded at all. Although, it wasn't how I had remembered it from back when I was a kid, it was a fun trip!

Evan did awesome! Even though it was 95° and felt like it was 105° with the humidity mixed in...Evan was a trouper! I figured he would go into atomic mode and have a meltdown due to the heat and general uncomfortableness...but nope, not even a grumpy whine from him...even on the car ride home! Click here to view the pictures (from my facebook)... (I was gonna upload, but blogger takes too long...and I couldn't narrow down my favorites!)

No comments:

Post a Comment