Sunday, August 15, 2010

There's Something In This Water...

You know when you are starting to look to buy a new car? And you find that particular one that you really like? Then you see that same car everywhere? That's kinda like when you have a baby. Seems when you have a baby, either you're the beginning of a baby wave or in the middle of one. It seems 2009, 2010 and 2011 is gonna be the years of babies. So many of our family, friends and coworkers are starting to pop out offspring. Here's a rundown:
  1. Deb & Mark - Deb is a coworker and a good friend of mine. She was part of my "party days" way back when. She and Mark welcomed their second son, Nathan in April 2009.
  2. Neisha & Ted - Neisha is a friend I've known since high school. She and her husband, welcomed their daughter, Mira in July 2009.
  3. Mindy & Jason - I worked with Mindy years ago. She and Jason had their son, Jayce also in July 2009.
  4. April & Tom - They are friends from DC, from when Linda lived there before we got married. They had Braden last August...actually he turned one today!
  5. Erika & Jeremy - More friends from DC. They had Sophia last August...actually a year ago tomorrow...
  6. Erik & Maja - Erik is Linda's cousin...technically her 1st cousin, once removed... They had their daughter, Emma on August 27, 2009.
  7. Holly & Bill - Linda and I went to high school with Holly. She and Bill had their daughter, Brea last September.
  8. Kristy & Jay - I've known Kristy since grade school. We graduated high school together and since the invention of Facebook, we've become reacquainted. Their son, Connor was born last October.
  9. Cassie & Josh - Cassie is a coworker of mine. She and her husband had their daughter, Katelynn last November.
  10. Sean & Deanna - Deanna is an old college friend of Linda's. Sean & Deanna had a set of twins in 2008...then had their daughter, Abigail, last December.
  11. Zac & Lindsey - Zac was a coworker of mine, and now lives in Dallas with his wife. He was part of my old "party days". They had a son this past January.
  12. Jackie & Bryan - I used to work with Jackie as well. She and her husband, Bryan welcomed their daughter, Lyla also this past January.
  13. Karen & Shane - Both Karen & Shane were coworkers of mine and also live in Dallas now. They had their daughter, Scout, last February.
  14. Bridgett & Mark - Bridgett is Linda's older sister... She and Linda had due dates just a few days apart...however Bridgett went into early labor and Evan's cousin, Logan, was born March 16th.
  15. Linda & me - Obviously you all knew that... Evan brightened our lives on April 7th.
  16. Christine & Brian - Christine was my favorite bartender from the summer I lived in Las Vegas in 2007... She moved to New York City with her boyfriend, Brian, and they had a son, Avery, in June.
  17. Brad & Amy - Brad is also a coworker of mine. He and his wife welcomed their son, also named Evan this past June.
  18. Justin & Deana - Justin is also an old friend I've known since Kindergarten. We also graduated high school together...and again, with the invention of Facebook, we have reconnected and are probably closer friends than we were in high school, as weird as that might sound. He and Deana welcomed their son, Lexen, also last June.
  19. Candice & Justin - Justin is a coworker of mine, and he married Candice. Candice also used to work where we do... Candice was also part of my old "party days" crew. They welcomed their daughter, Brooklyn last month.
  20. Melissa & Sebastien - I used to work with Melissa during my summer stint in Las Vegas. She and her husband, Sebastien are expecting a son in just a few weeks.
  21. Stacey & Mark - I used to go to school and church with Stacey. She and her husband are expecting #3, a son, in September.
  22. Angela & Mike - Angela also used to work with me... She was also part of the party crew back in the day.She now lives in Nashville with her husband. They are expecting their first, a son named Kaden, sometime in September.
  23. Dani & Nathan - Linda and I went to high school with Dani. She and her husband are expecting #2 soon...I think also in either September or October.
  24. Kerry & Amber - I work with Kerry & Amber...they are one of the many married couples at work... They are expecting their second child, a son in October.
  25. Mariah & Blake - Mariah is my cousin in North Dakota...well, technically my 1st cousin once removed... She and her husband, Blake will be welcoming their son, Wyatt, this October.
  26. Ellen & Chad - Linda lived with Ellen & Chad when she lived in DC before we got married. They are expecting a son this coming December.
  27. Brigid & Mark - Also more friends in DC from when Linda lived there...also due in December.
  28. Vanessa & Brandon - Vanessa is my cousin and they will be welcoming a daughter, also this December.
  29. _____ & _____ (names withheld since it's not public knowledge, yet...and no, it's not Linda & me) - This couple will be having a baby next April...around Evan's birthday!
  30. _____ & _____ (names withheld)... This couple is due, I think, in March or April?
  31. _____ & _____ (names withheld) - Just found out I believe...and probably will be another April baby.
So crazy! I'm wondering who's next?!?

2 comments:

  1. UH yep, When I got pregnant in Dec 2008, there wasn't anyone else pregnant. I ended up having a tubal pregnancy, but since then 20 women I know including 2 SIL's 2 cousins and countless church friends had babies, then me again in April!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a baby is very exciting. Nothing in this world can stop the joy of getting pregnant and expecting a baby.

    We are proud to those parents who take good care of their babies.


    Outsourcing Philippines
    www.outsourcing-services.net

    ReplyDelete