Friday, July 23, 2010

Impressionable young minds

Remeber that episode of Friends where Ross and Rachel were doing just about ANYTHING to get Baby Emma to laugh? If you recall, the only thing that worked was singing and dancing Sir Mix-a-lot's 90s hit "Baby Got Back."

Evan demands to be entertained. He is not satified with sitting on your lap. You have to be standing up and you have to be moving when you hold him. One night I discovered that making the "bubble" sounds with your lips really amused him. So of course I did this ALL THE TIME. If it gets you a smile, you do it no matter how numb your lips get.

NowI see how babies, particularly our baby, can pick up on things so quickly. Check out the video:



If Evan can pick up this at 15 weeks, how much longer do I have until my poor choice in language use comes back to haunt me?

No comments:

Post a Comment