Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dance Dance Revolution!

Since I am home with Evan all day throughout most of the week, I have to think of things to stimulate and keep him active. While there are lots of suggestions I get, by far, Evan loves his daily, what I call his, dance parties. Usually every morning I will get him up, get a new diaper on him, get a few ounces of formula down him... Then I'll read to him until he loses interest and wants something more active... So I'll take him to his room, lay him on down on his play gym mat, and just put my iPhone's iPod on shuffle and find some music for him to dance along to... The song he reacts the most to is what I dub "Evan's Song-Of-The-Day" and post the YouTube video to my Facebook.

Yesterday, Evan really loved Salt-N-Pepa's "Push It". He really got a kick out of it. He was laughing, dancing and giggling...or maybe he was laughing at my dance moves? I really wasn't trying to dance like Salt-N-Pepa with him... Okay, well, maybe just a little!


Here's some other songs that he's gone nuts for:

Van Halen's "Jump": (I didn't dress him in torn spandex though...)


The remix of Elvis Presley's "A Little Less Conversation": (He's working on his Elvis hip shake!)


Bill Haley & His Comet's "Rock Around the Clock": (He likes oldies!)


Ike & Tina Turner's version of "Proud Mary": (I'm trying to help him perfect his Tina Turner shimmy!)


I'm wondering what today's song will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment